The Shape of Global Peace: Chapter Seven – Hidden Treasure Revealed
Featured image is a schematic for computing Peace with terma.io and termadiary.org.
Terma (Tibetan: གཏེར་མ་, Wylie: gter ma; “hidden treasure”) refers to the collection of technologies that use TBEN: Terma Biologic Emotion Notation in their operation. The “hidden treasure” is the insight that all human expression – including non-verbal behavior – is our signaling to each other about our state of inner balance.
Edge Question 2017:
What Scientific term or concept ought to be more widely known?
- Eric R. Weinstein‘s answer: Russell Conjugation referring to philosopher Bertrand Russell who illustrated several examples of the concept in 1948 on the BBC Radio program The Brains Trust.
- Detecting Russell Conjugations proposed as a means to detect bias in media.
- Beyond detecting bias is creating trust.
Beneath Conjugation Lies Treasure – Terma
- All expression – including non-verbal behavior – is signalling about the state of my balance inside of me.
- The signal always reveals the type of balance that interests me when I speak.
- It reveals the direction I want to go to achieve re-balancing.
- It reveals where I think I am relative to balance.
TBEN Names the Parts of Us Where We All Are the Same
- Dynamical Circles: Smaller circles of our shared biological processes.
- Pre-Emergent Circles: Terma names the parts of our shared balance circles that create our universally human emotional experiences.
- Emergent Circle: The big circle that is the “me” of my consciousness.
TBEN Datatype is the Computable Foundation of Peace
- Illustrating fundamental sameness can be automated using TBEN’s pointer to universally experienced emotions.
- Enabling trust in all communications can be automated using TBEN’s pointer to feelings, goals and actions behind all information.